1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Some error in blue screen

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Kitty_Susy, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kitty_Susy

Kitty_Susy Thread Starter

Hi, I don't know if I'm in the right place of the forum,but sometimes my computer frezzes and a blue screen appear saying "KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR" and something like "the software is not installed properly and if this happens one more time contact the company of the software" or something like that..! But I didn't installed anything..I don't know what's happening, can anyone help me? Thanks

2. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

3. Kitty_Susy

It already happen in various ocasions, opening a file, folder, while working on the internet, playing games, that's why I don't understand the error saying that the software is not installed properly because it happens in different situations, I'm going to check the website you gave me, I'll reply later, thanks

4. Kitty_Susy

Well I think it's not a virus because I have SuperAntiSpyware and Kaspersky Internet Security and they don't detect anything.. The website says that the resolution of the problem imply modifications on the BIOS and CMOS which can cause serious problems and the best thing is to take te computer to a repair center..I think that's what I'm going to do, thanks for the time

5. blues_harp28

It could also be a Ram [memory] problem - needs reseating in it's slot or run a memory test.
    Playing games uses a lot of Ram.
    Let us have some Pc specs - hard drive size - free space - how much Ram installed etc.

6. Kitty_Susy

My hard drive is divided in 2, the first one has 35.5GB total space and 11.1GB of free space, the second has 35.9GB total space and 5.77GB of free space. The first one is where i have all the programs, the second is where i have games and movies. Ram ... I don't know where I see that .. is this the Ram "128MB VRAM" ?

7. blues_harp28

8. How'dIdoThat

How'dIdoThat

First Name:
    RWF
  9. blues_harp28

As said above you need to clean some disk space but that is not the reason for the KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR error.

10. Kitty_Susy

I have 512MB of RAM. I was thinking in format the computer and install everything so the error was fixed but my cd drive doesn't work and I'll not be able to install any software :(

11. blues_harp28

Games and movies use a lot of Ram [memory] 512 Ram is enough just to run Windows without games etc.

Turn the computer off and disconnect it from the power
    Take off the side of the case and touch the bare metal chassis to discharge static.
    Remove Ram stick.

Plug in the RAM [one stick at a time].
    Also try different slots.
    Ensure it is seated correctly.

Run Mem test.
    http://hcidesign.com/memtest/download.html

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915630

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice