Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

some help about creating landingpage

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  dvk01 
#1 ·
Hi Tech guys,

will be joining a marketing team recently to promote some products online,
I need to create landing pages, or as they call it capture page to build marketing list,
As i learned so far a landing page stand alone web page that used for single purpose, probably for short campaigning period, I got some points to ask about: how to obtain a URL specifically for this single stand alone page?
any further assistance will be appreciated,
Thanks alot

#2 ·
If you want your landing page to have a URL like ournewproductname.com , you would need to first check if the given URL is not already a registered domain name. If it is not already registered by someone else, you would need to register the name for your company.

Assuming your company already has a web site, you should then probably talk to your hosting company about hosting a new web site with the landing page for the new domain name. You could also look into having your current hosting service redirect traffic from ournewproductname.com to perhaps a landing page on your existing site with a URL like www.ourexistingsite.com/ournewproductname/ . Somebody here that is familiar with how search engines rank pages may be able to tell you if the redirection method will count against the landing page.

#4 ·
how to obtain a URL specifically for this single stand alone page?
As Chuck has already asked, if you have an existing site, why not create your standalone page within it? Call it something like, marketing.html or marketing.php, if you intend using php on your page. Then your url would be something like
HTML:
http://existingsite.com/marketing.php

#7 ·
Whether you're building a landing page for a new lead or an existing lead or customer, the end goal is the same, to capture your lead's interest in something you have to offer and use this opportunity to nurture them further down the marketing funnel towards the next sale.
Yes, I understand this concept,
but I need some help with the technical steps:
Example, this is my blogspot http://maxprohealth.blogspot.com/ which promoting health care products,
how to create landing / landing page with URL that to be related to promote a single product and capture the new lead email?
how to generate that URL of the capture page?
Thanks in advance.

#10 ·
A landing page is exactly what it says. It is the first page a prospective customer sees when they follow a link from an email, another website or a search engine. Once a prospective customer "lands" on that page, you have approximately 2 seconds to grab their attention, and make them want to read the page and "buy" whatever you are selling.
Currently the website is just adverts with links to dubious content and is very badly laid out.
That sort of page will NEVER get good Search Engine rankings and in fact will be demoted lower.

The important thing is content. Get the viewers attention, give them the information they are looking for and they "might" buy whatever you are selling. Buying in your case means either following affiliate links or clicking on adverts to get you money.

Very few people build websites or have a website just for fun. We all want to make some degree of money from it. The only way to make money is sell something. Whether it is your knowledge or a product. BUT you need people to actually read the webpage before you can do anything.
If I went to your page as a result of an email or a search engine, it would take me about 1/2 second to close it down & move on to somewhere else. It doesn't give me any information or invite me to stay around and learn more

#11 ·
A landing page is exactly what it says. It is the first page a prospective customer sees when they follow a link from an email, another website or a search engine. Once a prospective customer "lands" on that page, you have approximately 2 seconds to grab their attention, and make them want to read the page and "buy" whatever you are selling.
Currently the website is just adverts with links to dubious content and is very badly laid out.
That sort of page will NEVER get good Search Engine rankings and in fact will be demoted lower.

The important thing is content. Get the viewers attention, give them the information they are looking for and they "might" buy whatever you are selling. Buying in your case means either following affiliate links or clicking on adverts to get you money.

Very few people build websites or have a website just for fun. We all want to make some degree of money from it. The only way to make money is sell something. Whether it is your knowledge or a product. BUT you need people to actually read the webpage before you can do anything.
If I went to your page as a result of an email or a search engine, it would take me about 1/2 second to close it down & move on to somewhere else. It doesn't give me any information or invite me to stay around and learn more
Hi Derek, Thanks for the overall comments,
it's the most precise advise, as this is the first stage, that I still building this blog, and need to adjust the fonts in the footer, header, insert image backgrounds etc, I am aware of all these and your comment put it the frame,

I'm planning to purchase domain name and get things done there properly, before I get there, I need to practice / develop some skills,
so this blog site is for training,
I would very much appreciate your help for the followings:
1) How to adjust the font size, color in the footer (using CSS)
2) How to insert an image as background in the header / footer?
3) How to insert image background for some posting contents?

Any additional ideas, how to make a better blog web site generally will be highly appreciated,

#12 ·
I don't use blogger, so have very little experience of different themes & plugins to change things
I use WordPress which is very easy to change themes and add plugins t0 do all sorts of tweaks and add features etc
I am sure somebody that uses blogger will come along and give some advice. It is always harder to change blogs on hosted sites rather than self hosted. By that I mean sites like blogger.com / blogspot.com & WordPress.com because they lock down what can & can't be changed

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.