1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Some help on painting a laptop.

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by sabbyk, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sabbyk

sabbyk Thread Starter

I recently purchased a Toshiba Satellite M115-S3094 Laptop in October. The color I got was Mist Gray, and it looked pretty nice. One day I saw a small surface scratch, so I decided to try to buff it out with an eraser...what a mistake. The eraser ended up taking the top layer of the paint off, so there was an awkward looking streak on there now.

It doesn't stop there. I figured I could remove the top layer of the paint so it would look more even. That ended up making it look more uneven. So I got to the point where I was trying to even the surface color, and I ended up taking off the paint on the corner. So now my laptop looks like crap with a black corner.

I believe cosmetic damage (especially caused by me) is not covered by the warranty. I am disapointed that Toshiba put some really crappy paint on the lid which would have over time became splotchy anyway, from what I have seen with other Satellites in the same color.

I am considering painting my laptop, but this is my first one, and I don't want to take it apart (although I could, but since it's still under warranty, I am wary of it). Would I have to remove the paint that is already on the lid? What kind of paint remover can I use for this? Underneath the paint is black plastic, so I was thinking I could spray paint some type of glitter with a glossy clear paint over it. Any help/suggestions/etc. are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. RoBe

RoBe

3. MNG0304

MNG0304

Another step-by-step guide~

Link

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543517

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice