1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Some initial problems!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by janlafata, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janlafata

janlafata Thread Starter

A friend of mine is a network technician and was one of thos people chosen my microsoft or something to test Vista. The version he gave me to try out (I want to try Vista out before I buy!) is build 6.0.0.6000 RTM Final. Since he loves to tease and test me he is leaving me to figure out, on my own, why the iso image needs to be burned in UDF format or something like that. I didn't do that at first, I just used Roxio's Disc Copier and tried that out. When I booted it up from the BIOS it started to copy files a little but stopped very early into the process. After then going back into my BIOS I noticed that by running the DVD it knocked my primary DVD burner out of the BIOS and it was no longer recognized. Then I went back into Windows and noticed it messed up my Anti-Virus. So I gave up my Vitsa plans for the moment. I then went back in to see if I could repair the damage. After playing with the BIOS ahwile I finally got it to recognize the DVD burner and then the anti-virus was ok too.

So I just want to know..what's happening here. Did Vista kick out my DVD because it wasn't compatable? I have also had problems with it before so maybe it's going bad...I don't know. I also updated my BIOS to see if that would help but it did the same thing. Could it be a combination of things or is this thing he mentioned about not being burned in UDF format be the answer (I actually don't even know what UDF means)

I know I've written alot but please bear with me ...I'm a rookie!

2. Tha*Lunat!k

Tha*Lunat!k

I'm not sure what this UDF format is; if the DVD is in .iso format you can simply burn it with something like MagicISO to create a bootable DVD.

As for the drive itself, Vista wouldn't cause the BIOS to not recognize the drive. There could be some sort of hardware problem with it if the BIOS is otherwise fine.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542944

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice