1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Some insight on a good $500-600 gaming system

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bradr, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bradr

bradr Thread Starter

Hi, everyone on Tech Support Guy.

My parents recently gave me a budget of $500 dollars to buy myself a good computer, but I know I can stretch it $100 dollars or so by bargaining with my parents.

Basically, what I'm looking for is a good computer with lots of memory and good graphics (just an idea). It should be able to run Photoshop hands-down, do video editing, and play some games, as well as comfortably run Vista Aero in the background the entire time.

Because of these requirements I have given myself, I realize I will probably need a good graphic card that is not integrated, probably 3 GB memory, and at least a Core 2 Duo.

Do you think this is possible, and whether a pre-built computer already exists out there, or whether I have to build one myself? Can you tell me the parts I will need? I'm pretty good at software, but when it comes to hardware, I'm confused.

2. hewee

hewee

I got a Dell Vostro 410 Tower but upgraded a lot on mine but there are other Small & Medium Business > Desktops > Vostro's
    Also you don't get all the added junk on these as you do on the Home computers. Plus you can get XP. You got to pay the added money and right now you get...

FREE Genuine Vista Business Bonus w/ XP Professional downgrade Installed a $99 value. [Included in Price]
    FREE $99 UPGRADE

XP is what gets installed but your get a XP Pro and Vista CD also.
    I got this here as a free upgrade and free shipping.
    Intel® Core™2 Quad Q6600 (2.40GHz,2X4M L2Cache,1066FSB) [add $170]

With Dell you have to go to each model and upgrade and down grade them to find out what ones will give you the best price.

Others will post more that know about building you own.

3. bradr

bradr Thread Starter

I have a MSDN membership that grants me all sorts of Microsoft things, so operating system is not my main objective, although I want Vista to run on it.

4. bradr

bradr Thread Starter

And plus the Vostro probably doesn't have enough memory or graphics; it is what I look for when buying a system.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753126

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice