1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

some issues with java plz help

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by dudeguy101, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dudeguy101

dudeguy101 Thread Starter

i downloaded the windows installer cleanup utility and got rid of any java stuff i saw. then i tried to re-install it. in the later stages of installing it says this thing is already installed on your computer, would you like to replace? so i press yes and then another little message pops up saying this choice is only if you already have it installed. so like wtf? first it says i already have it installed would you like to replace. and then when you say you want to replace then it says you can't choose this unless you have it already installed to replace. if thats the case then why would it tell me i already have it installed? and if i do have it installed then why can't i use it...? basically the thing is just contradicting itself..but yeah, any help would be greatly appreciated cuz this is just ridiculous.. also, i have got it to work before on the game runescape. i downloaded and installed just to check something then i uninstalled. but i need it again now and i cant get it. oh and theres a wierd icon when i press control panel, instead of the normal coffee cup icon it just has a blank page and it says Java (32 bit). and when i press it it says application not found. im on windows 7 btw.

2. joeten

joeten

3. antech

antech Banned

Does Java show up in programs and features?
    Is yes,
    then download Revo Uninstaller using the link in my sign and get rid if it easily.

Joeten,
    sorry to contradict you.

4. joeten

joeten

Not a problem we are both after the same end, I will say I have had good results with both programs

5. dudeguy101

hey thanks guys for the help. i tried using the javara thing to get rid of it but it still the same situation. when i try to install java after getting rid of the stuff it just does the exact same thing and i get the same message. and to answer your other question, no java doesn't show up in programs and features. it shows up in control panel though but it's wierd cuz when i press it it says application not found. im thinking thats whats wrong with it cuz it's just there but i can't do anything to it and it's just a blank icon. any further help would be greatly appreciated.

6. antech

antech Banned

Is there any newer update available?
    Consider installing the new update.
    This MAY solve the problem.

7. joeten

joeten

8. dudeguy101

hey i tried what u guys suggested and downloaded the windows installer clean up thing. but when i open it i dont see java there so there was nothing for me to get rid of. and no the update thing didnt work either. any other suggestions?

9. antech

antech Banned

Consider installing after manually deleting the JAVA Folder

10. dudeguy101

how would i go about doing that?

11. antech

antech Banned

I think the folder is located in the windows folder
    Name --> Java

12. joeten

joeten

Hi what antivirus are you running,have you checked in ie tools add ons when you have installed java to see if it is loaded and wether it is enabled or disabled it may be a permissions issue or your av stopping it running

13. dudeguy101

hey thanks again for the help guys. and yeah i tried checking tools in explorer and firefox and it still doesnt work. and what windows folder? not sure which one you're talking about. and im not sure what antivirus im running, probably whichever one comes with windows 7. again im gonna mention the java icon in control panel that has a blank page. the title says Java (32 bit). and when you press it it says application not found or something.

14. joeten

joeten

15. Rax0

Rax0

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!