1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Some issues with my graphics card?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by ConsumingHatred, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConsumingHatred

ConsumingHatred Thread Starter

Hello everyone, before hand I'd like to thank you for taking the time to read and help me out.

Alright, to make things as short as possible...basically my computer's hard drive was replaced by HP under its warranty because it died awhile ago and ever since then my computer's been working excellent.

Until last night when I decided I wanted to change my resolution to see if something would work, nothing big, just change my resolution and when I tried to change my resolution my computer freaked out and a warning message appeared:

[​IMG]

The message translates to:

Graphic controller cannot be used for the selected screen. It is designed for an older version of Windows and it is no longer compatible with the new version.

The system has iniciated using a default VGA controller.

Please contact the fabricator of the hardware so that you may obtain an updated controller o select one of the controllers Microsoft offers.

This also showed up in the control panel that's offered by Intel's Integrated video card.

[​IMG]

What I find weird about this is how all the configurations show up blank.

Things I have already tried doing!

1. I reverted to an older version of my video graphics card software (controller?) via HP's Driver's and Software support. It didn't help!
    2. I made sure I was using the -latest- driver for my video card. Didn't work.
    3. Tried changing my screens on the control panel (as you can see in the first screenshot) to "Intel Mobile Monitor" but it wouldn't allow me to do so and the ONLY resolution available for that monitor was 800x600 for some reason.
    4. I tried updating my BIOS (it was already at its latest update).
    5. Restarting several times.

I'd like to thank anyone and everyone who was patient enough to read this and offer their suggestions because I really appreciate any help.

Edit: Also, I think I may have posted this in the wrong forum, it may go under Hardware due to the drivers and all. Excuse me if I was mistaken.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/701087

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice