1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Some keyboard buttons not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by roland5575, Jun 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. roland5575

roland5575 Thread Starter

Hi Guys,
    I have just replaced a screen in an Acer Aspire One Happy Netbook for my daughter. When i restarted the machine everything was fine, installed some windows updates, moved from folder to folder no prob, but now my daghter tells me some of the keys are not working! What might be the problem here?

I did have the keyboard out while trying to figure out how to get at the screen.

Thank You

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

I would double check that the keyboard is plugged into the motherboard properly, and that the keyboard wasn't ben't while removing and reinstalling it. If you need to replace the keyboard, they can be found on Ebay around $15-20.

3. roland5575

Hi i have just been told that the keys not working, are all on the right hand side of the board. Now i did have the board out, but everything seemed to be working fine when i restarted the machine. Could the keyboard ribbon cable have moved or not be fully home? Would that cause it?

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Yes, it could be a loose cable and some of the pins might not be making contact. Remove and reconnect the keyboard and see if that fixes it.

5. roland5575

Thanks guys, i won't have the netbook back until next week, so i will post my findings then.

Thanks.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1004102

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice