Some Keyboard keys are not working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jersv

Hello! I'm kind of worried and scared because I'm just a broke highschool student doing online classes.

So one day I asked my brother to help me dust off my laptop. I was thinking that maybe my laptop is slow because of the dirt inside. We opened the back of my laptop and dusted it with a brush. After opening again, I couldn't press some keyboard keys. I tried the online keyboard tester

received_365280894708616.jpeg

(All white ones are working)

That's all that happened honestly but the lady told us I have to change the whole keyboard. Is it really that bad? Or we might have just accidentally moved the keyboard ribbon? Please help :(

My Laptop is Legion y530, Windows 10

I also tried troubleshooting, the problem is with the hardware.

plodr

Liz
The cheapest solution is to either use the onscreen keyboard or attach a USB keyboard to the laptop and use that instead of the inbuilt keyboard.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts