1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Some keys (most) on laptop keyboard not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by elmiee, Apr 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elmiee

elmiee Thread Starter

Please help me because I have been trying for 3 hours now and want to cry haha. I used my laptop last night and the cat did walk over it, as she usually does so it may have been something she has done or just a coincidence this has happened.

I just went to use my laptop tonight and could not log in because I noticed that my A key was not working which is in my password so used the onscreen key board, I then discovered probably half of my other keys also are not working!!!

I have uninstalled the keyboard in the device manager and nothing, I have even installed Unbuntu to see if it would work in there as one person suggested. I have turned the laptop off, took the battery and power cable out, held the power button for 60 seconds, put it all back together and started it up, nothing.

I have stolen my boyfriends keyboard from his desktop PC and that is working fine. I just do not know what to try next if anything or if to just go ahead and back my stuff up and reinstall windows (using windows 10).

I do not understand why it is only some keys as surely if it was the actual keyboard then it all would not be working which is why I think it might be a windows thing maybe, but then why does the USB keyboard work fine.

Thanks for any help and let me know if you need anymore information :)

2. LIS333

LIS333

Sounds like your laptop keyboard. Had a client experience the same thing. Not saying it's your same thing, but my clients cat urinated on keyboard. Missing keys, spilled water etc., I recommend every cat owner with a laptop close the lid when away from keyboard. Anyway, I'm confident Windows is not the problem. If it were, the USB keyboard wouldn't work. Congrats. You proved it.[emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1189017

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice