Some kind of blue death I guess

Couriant

James
Finding what memory this takes on Acer's site is impossible...

Anyways, according to Crucial, your machine should take DD4 2400, 2666, and 3200 memory sticks.

Have you tried using the machine without the memory installed?

Nyghtjock3r

Finding what memory this takes on Acer's site is impossible...

Anyways, according to Crucial, your machine should take DD4 2400, 2666, and 3200 memory sticks.

Have you tried using the machine without the memory installed?
I did, and i had my memory on 80%+ all the time so i decided to add 8 gb more

Couriant

James
I did, and i had my memory on 80%+ all the time so i decided to add 8 gb more
I meant after the issues you are having, and has the issue stopped happening? If so, then you should return the memory and get a new one.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I'm not a hardware/diagnostic expert, but I have doubts the 16 GB of RAM in your computer is a problem.
If the RAM was incompatible or faulty, your computer wouldn't boot at all or it would display an error message during startup.

-------------------------------------------------

Couriant

James
My theory is that the memory is not playing nice with the video adapter, since it's an integrated video without any dedicated memory. Since the issue happened when the memory was installed, then if the issue does not appear after removing the memory, then the memory is causing the issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts