1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Some mp4 videos have no audio on TV

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by dachmc, Mar 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dachmc

dachmc Thread Starter

I download 25 mp4 videos on a laptop and all of them works well but when I plugged in flash drive and watched videos on TV, 5 videos don't have any sound ;-; . The videos without sound also have a 1 second screen of "Unsupported Audio" before playing. Why is unsupported audio? How to make those videos have sound in TV?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  2. kenbok51

kenbok51

I recommend you download the app MediaInfo. It's free and will allow you to view the contents of the different videos thereby allowing you to compare the type of audio that's packed into the ones that work and the ones that don't. I like to use mine in Tree Mode for easy viewing of the different files in the video/audio container (avi mkv mp4 etc.). Once installed it ends up in the right click context menu for opening any video or audio file you desire.

Freeware apps like Handbreak or Avidemux can help you to convert the audio to the type your TV recognizes. Avidemux would be the fastest way to convert since you would be able to set the video part to COPY and the audio to convert to something you can be sure would play on your TV like AC3 or the type you discover works well viewed thru MediaInfo.

Handbreak takes longer but has a few more settings you can mess around with more easily. Setting the video bitrate is important to keep the resulting file size similar to the original. MediaInfo can help you to see what bitrate to use when using Handbreaks Avg Bitrate setting under the video tab. Keeping most other things as default should be OK. I also recommend you download the older version 0.10.5.0 since it is simpler to use and less confusing than the newer version.

3. dachmc

dachmc Thread Starter

I used Avidemux then converted the videos-without-sound's audio to MP4 AAC (FDK) then it work well thanks.

4. kenbok51

kenbok51

I'd just like to mention again that since the video portion was working with no audio, you didn't have to convert the video portion. You could just set it to COPY. That way with just the audio being fixed, the conversion would be a lot faster. I have used Avidemux to remove unwanted parts of a video like commercials or colored bars at the beginning of a video using the [A and ]B markers at the bottom of the screen making sure to search for the cuts I make with the I Frame arrow for compatibility. [A sets the beginning of the cut and ]B sets the end. When I do this (cutting only) with both audio and video set to copy the resulting file created is really fast. The double arrows at the bottom allows you to search for key frames forward or back to make the cuts correctly.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1207701

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice