Some of my desktop icons are not working!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

clark623

Please help.

When I double click one of my desktop icons such as msn or one I placed on their from the web it does not work. It bounces me right to my print set up page showing my printer options. All of my other icons work such as my computer and my internet explorer page. Maybe this is a simple fix, but I sure can't find anything simple with it. Any suggetions or ideas?

Thanks

etaf

Wayne
Hi, and welcome to the TSG forum :) (y)

if you right click on the icon and then look at the shortcut tab - you will see about half way down you will see target - in that box will be the path and filename that icon will open.

where are the icons you have problems target to...

clark623

Thanks so much for the reply. Here is what it says.

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred Hamlin\Desktop

clark623

Oh and by the way. I am having trouble with all the icons that I have bookmarked or put in my favorites folder to access easier. I have never had this problem before.

etaf

Wayne
oh - ok if its all the icons then thats a different matter - sorry i dont have a solution for that - But in these note i have seen numerious entries for ICON prolbems
until someone more qualified in this area replies have a seach.

have you installed anything recently - before you boot too many times depending on yor windows version it may be worth doing a restore

post your windows version?
if you installed anything recently

do you have anti-virus and spyware programs running on your PC.

anything else not working correctly -
the icons that dont work - can you run the programs OK from the programs menu

START
CONTROL PANEL
INTERNET OPTION
PROGRAMS
RESET WEB SETTINGS?
UNCHECK also reset my home page
YES
OK

clark623

Rugbug,

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!! You certainly made my day. Go ahead and pat yourself on the back. I certainly appreciate the help. You have a great day!!!

clark623

ETAF

I want to also thank you for the help. With the help of yourself and rugbug I got this thing figured out. Thanks!

etaf

Wayne
glad someone manged to solve for you - i'll make a note of that too

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online