Some of my outlook email being sent to friend's phone

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cajajo

Hi - My PC has xp Pro. I use Firefox and have a hotmail acct. I don't use my phone for internet access as I have a Kindle Fire. At my ex-BF's one day, I got online using his info from his iphone for my Kindle. Since then, he is getting my outgoing email, but I think only to one contact. How can this be?

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hi cajajo, and welcome to TSG.

At my ex-BF's one day, I got online using his info from his iphone for my Kindle.
Exactly what information of his did you use? Just maybe his WiFi connection information or other information?

Since then, he is getting my outgoing email, but I think only to one contact.
Is your contact still receiving the email and your ex-BF is getting a copy, or is your ex-BF only getting the email and your contact not getting the email? Have you confirmed this is not a problem sending emails to other contacts?

Hi - My PC has xp Pro. I use Firefox ...
Is this related in any way to the problem? Is the problem occurring when you send email from your PC as well as the Kindle?

have a hotmail acct.
Hotmail.com changed to live.com I believe over a year ago. Are you saying you are using the live.com website with an old hotmail.com user email address?

cajajo

Hi and thank you! I just used his username and password to get wifi.

No. Haven't confirmed if it's a problem with others and I think she's getting my mail. Of course, she is one of the few I talked about him with when we split up!

I have maybe accessed my hotmail acct. from my kindle once or twice a long time ago! He is getting stuff I send from my PC! live.com comes up in my address bar when I go to hotmail, but it says it's under Outlook. Have had my address for at least 10 years.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I suggest your first step would be to change your hotmail/live account password, preferably not using your PC to do it. Also make sure that there is no kind of preference set to forward any sent or received messages to any other address.

The second step would be to post in our "Virus & Other Malware Removal" forum and ask for help in finding out if your ex-BF put any kind of keylogger or other malware on your PC. Be sure to read the "MUST read this BEFORE posting" sticky post at the top of the forum about the information needed to get help.

The first step is for in case your ex-BF knows your password to the account.

Do you like the 1951 or 2008 Gort? I never saw the 2008 movie.

cajajo

1951! New movie was pretty good. I was surprised, but the old one is my all-time favorite sci-fi movie.

I will do these things and see how it goes. Thank you so much! I lost my two go-to guys for computer problems - my son a few years ago and my husband a year ago, so having a place such as this is a God-send!

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
You're welcome. Hope that my two suggestions resolve your problem.

Sorry to hear about your losses.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online