1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Some of my programs can't use the internet!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by xElitex, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xElitex

xElitex Thread Starter

Well this has been bothering me for a long time!
    I was downloading uniblue driverscanner and it couldn't acces the internet this hasnt only happend with that but with a lot of other programs such as spyware doctor and some other ones.

I've scanned my computer with 3 different anti-viruses avast,avg,and antivir

Somebody help me It's really annoying!

Yes I've checked my firewall exceptions

some of my programs can access it.
    Such as avast and spyeraser

2. xElitex

xElitex Thread Starter

please help somebody?

3. shinybeast

shinybeast

Could use some more info. So, Avast! can do it's thing. I assume your web browser can do it's thing. But other software cannot? What happens when you try to use programs that don't make it (besides can't access the internet, like messages, hangs etc.)? You might find some info in Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer > Applications and System.

4. xElitex

xElitex Thread Starter

yea there's a lot of application hangs
    They all have the same error all the same here's some info

error application hang (101) event 1002 josh-10674

does that help or do you need a screenie?

5. shinybeast

shinybeast

I assume you were talking about checking Windows Firewall exceptions and you are running no additional firewalls. If so, then could be malware or Windows is confused (or both). I would run error-checking (in safe mode if need be) on Windows drive. When that checks out and drive is ok, then could try a run of Windows Malicious Software Removal tool. If that all checks out clean and you still haven't found the problem then one of the programs you use online is whacked and is spoiling the others' fun. Uninstall offending software.

6. xElitex

xElitex Thread Starter

All right now is the command dskchk?
    And another thing is that I had a firewall named comodo a while back Could that also be the problem?

7. shinybeast

shinybeast

The easiest way to do it would be to open explorer/My Computer; right click drive icon, click Properties in menu. Click Tools tab, and then click Check Now.

8. xElitex

xElitex Thread Starter

ok thanks for all your help!
    I'll update my situation if i get anymore problems..
    again thank you.

9. shinybeast

shinybeast

Oh, and if Comodo wasn't properly uninstalled, some of its leftover registry settings might be the problem. Haven't used it, don't know how it affects system.

10. xElitex

xElitex Thread Starter

Nothing the same programs can't access the internet anymore...
    I might have to re-install windows or something might be a zlob Trojan....

11. shinybeast

shinybeast

It does sound like you got something attaching itself to your executables. Avast might be immune because it protects itself. Strange that none of your scans picked it up though.

12. xElitex

xElitex Thread Starter

I downloaded spyhunter and my friend gave me his key i ran and it found like 2 serious infections zlob trojans. I fixed the problem but some of my programs still can't acess the internet.

13. shinybeast

shinybeast

I would suggest trying to uninstall one of them and re-install it (make sure source is clean) to see if you can get it working. Messes left by trojans are a real pain to fix. If it is an option, I would suggest backing up any documents that you want keep and do a fresh install.

14. xElitex

xElitex Thread Starter

I guess I will have to do a clean install unfortunately my driver/xp pro discs are missing but I'll find some way :\

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!