1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Some of my Videos have really low volume--Zoom Player Decoders

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Katylar, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katylar

Katylar Thread Starter

Hi! I used Zoom Player Max for my video needs (I love CCCP, but I'm quite used to Zoom, thank you). Given that, I use the Install Center to make sure that I have all the Codecs necessary to watch most my videos. Mostly, I see that my player uses Haali to open MKVs, and FFDShow Audio to make the sound.

Unfortunately, I noticed that with some of my videos, I get really low volume. I haven't been able to see a pattern, but I honestly think there is one. It might be with the bitrates, or whatever is used (I honestly don't know the difference between AAC, AC3 or whatever). In fact, I also thing it might have something to do with the Dolby 5.1 settings? I use a pair of 2.0 Stereo Speakers with the default Win7 Driver. This isn't an intermittent issue--it's consistent. Meaning that if the audio plays normally in one batch of videos from the same encoder, then it will always play normally. However, some of my videos (for example, a particular anime series fansub), will be encoded in such a way that it will always play really really soft.

Please help!

2. Firebreather

Firebreather

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031514

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice