1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Some of these threads are scaring me

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Cheryl, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cheryl

Cheryl Thread Starter

Yesterday I ordered a new computer with Vista operating system. I really should have read some of these comments prior to purchasing it.

Are any of you happy that you made the switch from XP to Vista? Now maybe some of the problems posted here are caused by upgrading on an existing computer. Hopefully with a brand new computer I won't have a lot of problems.:confused:

2. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

Well you are in good hands here if you do run into any problems

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Thread Starter

You are soooo cute and I definitely agree with you. You have no idea how many times all of you have helped me out the last 7 years. Hey I even sound somewhat intelligent when talking to the sales people at Dell.... tee hee!

4. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

Never been called cute before lol

I am sure when you run into a problem there will be someone here to make it all better lol

5. spdabbs

spdabbs

The problems are lessening now Vista has been out for a few months. The general rule though is still if you buy a printer or whatever, forget the disk that comes with it, go straight to the manufacturers website and look for Vista drivers.

6. kama64

kama64

Im happy with vista, havent had any problems...and...happy to see Blackmirrors booty shot (y)(y)

7. Cheryl

Cheryl Thread Starter

"The problems are lessening now Vista has been out for a few months. The general rule though is still if you buy a printer or whatever, forget the disk that comes with it, go straight to the manufacturers website and look for Vista drivers."

Is that the same rule for digital camera software? I have two digital cameras and the cd that came with it worked fine with XP. Thanks for the tip on the printers.

8. kama64

kama64

Yes, I would probably go to the digital camera manufacturer's website and see if they have Vista software to download

9. Cheryl

Cheryl Thread Starter

Good idea! I will do all the leg work before the computer arrives. Should be shipped on 7/17. Gosh it's great that all of you are so helpful. Sure makes it easier for us "Vista late comers".

Keep the hints/tips coming.

I love all of you!:)

10. Rich-M

Rich-M

Once again I have had good experiences with it and as long as you don't have any old hardware or software programs to install, you will be just fine.

11. Cheryl

Cheryl Thread Starter

The only thing I have to install is the HP Printer/Scanner/Copier that was given to us for Xmas of this year. Hopefully that won't be a problem. As this is a new computer-it won't have a lot of junk installed on it.

Thank you for the encouraging words..... I'm feeling better! Have a great 4th everyone!

12. Rich-M

Rich-M

That should not be a problem but why not go to HP site now and download Vista driver for that printer.

13. Ol Sarge

Ol Sarge Guest

14. slook

slook

vista they can throw it out the window of a high rise building!!!!!!and hopefully it ends up in the garbage!

15. katabby

katabby

most new computers come with lots of junk on them. They have 30 or 60 day trials of all sorts of stuff. My new HP had about a 100 free game trials, plus norton, plus office 2007 and a couple of photo editors etc.
    All in all though, I have had a few problems with vista home premium,still do, but nothing too serious.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/591008

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice