1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Some Other Application Warning??

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Martial33, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Martial33

Martial33 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Phil
    Express wants to compress some folders but when you say "OK" it says the folder or application is being used by some other application. and you have to click cancel.

that sounds suspicious to me. any ideas?

virus/spyware checks com up clean.

:confused:

2. Martial33

Martial33 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Phil
    ok, I Googled around and found this other forum with a similar problem although in this case, the subject knew he had a folder that looked out of place. In my case it's just saying that there's another application using the program but I don't know about it.

Do these entries that I copied below look like they could be related and could there be an answer amongst them? What do you all think about the program that as mentioned below has anybody used it?

Here's a related question and some answers;

I have a folder on my desktop and I am unable to delete it?
    The error message states that the folder is currently being used by another program, however the folder is empty.
    6 months ago - 5 answers - Report Abuse

Best Answer - Chosen By Voters

* When a program locks down a file or folder, you first need to know what program is doing it. I found a nice free program that tells you; it's called WhoLockMe. You can give it a try at: http://www.dr-hoiby.com/WhoLockMe/index.php...
    It's for Windows NT and XP, n.b.
    2 Votes 67%

* Close all open programs, reboot, then delete it.

* What is the name of the folder? Are there any hidden readonly folders or files inside it? You might need to get Norton System Works or reformat. It could be a bug worm or virus.

* run msconfig
    under starup tab
    uncheck everything that is suspicious to you..ex..kdjfksla.exe
    or just unchek everything..

* then reboot try deleting the folder...and if it still cant

lastly
    run regedit
    search for the name of the folder and everything with connected with the folder name...
    delete..

* Try it in safe mode.

3. OBP

OBP

I haven't used that program, but I would go along with some of the those suggestions.
    Especially starting your computer in Safe Mode and opening Express in that.
    Have you searched in the Microsoft Office Website for this problem?

4. Martial33

Martial33 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Phil
    "Microsoft Office Website?" not in much depth but I did try a Google search - dident turn up anything that seemed to be directly related.

thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537092

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice