Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Some places see 2 identical files sometimes none

560 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Canexicans 
#1 ·
I'm really badly disabled and my hand with the mouse instead of doubleclicking on a folder I must have dragged it somewhere. It started moving files and I stopped it maybe 50% through then I cut the moved directry and pasted it back basically on top of itself.

Now when I do a search on for example index.html it finds 2 identical index.html files in the same folder which I thought was impossible but if I explore the folder I see nothing. No files at all let alone 2 index.html fles.

If I go into an application like Pagebeeze and try to open that index.html file it isn't there yet if I click on it from the searh results (either of te 2) it opens in Pagebreeze just fine.
Index.html was just an easy example along with Pagebreeze but several sub-direeectoies full of files are affected. Full folders now appear empty.

I'm afraid to do much in case I somehow overwrite an important file. I don't know whether are officially there in Windows opinion or not. Pretty much the only way to find these "ghost" files is using the Search function all oter was show empty folders.

Its XP Pro. I have to quit. I'm so tred I can't hold my arm up and am having to retype every word as my hand drags acoss he keyboard. If you can help I'd really be grateful. More info please just ask.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.