1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Some problems @ TSG

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by AbvAvgUser, Feb 18, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser Thread Starter

Since the syatem maintenance few days back, there has been some avoidable problems on TSG pages.

Here's one example. Look at the width of the columns on the page. Earlier, it used to be perfect and lovely. :(

Attached Files:

2. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    Hmm... can you be more specific about the problem? It looks fine to me...

3. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

One thing I've noticed this morning is no black dots in the envelope icon of the posts I've contributed to when I go to "new posts". They are there if I go into a particular forum.

4. jakoval

jakoval

I think AbvAvgUser may be referring to the relative width of the Thread, Thread Starter and Forum columns. On the screenshot they appear to all be same width which 'scrunches' the thread titles. Haven't noticed the phenomenon myself - Thread title shows up much wider than the others for me.

* edit - maybe browser issue? ( for reference, I'm using Opera 6.05 on Win2K @ 1024x768) *

Attached Files:

5. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    Yeah, the column width is controlled by browser, so they'll all display differently...

6. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

Ok. So, jakoval, are you seeing the black dots I mentioned??

7. jakoval

jakoval

cybertech -

No, I'm not seeing them in "newposts".
    Have to admit I haven't paid much attention to them in the past and don't tend to use the "new posts" feature much, so I can't say whether this is a recent development.

8. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser Thread Starter

I am using the same browser since a very long time. Earlier the widths and display were all okay. But since last some time, there has been some problem.

For information, I use Netscape 7 normally. But also use IE6 occassionally.

9. Gary R

Gary R

Wednesday morning (California Time) I had my computer freeze completely 3 times while trying to look at the new threads, and I had to hit the reset button.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119508

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice