1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Some services on Win7 are resetting themselves

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by av8ur1701, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. av8ur1701

av8ur1701 Thread Starter

I was having an issue with my print spooler resetting itself to the stopped setting and manual after each reboot or shutdown. I apparently fixed that one (however, not entirely sure how I did it). But now all of a sudden, I have another service doing the same thing. My Acronis Backup Scheduler service is resetting itself to Manual from a setting of Automatic and started after each shutdown and restart. It never had an issue until yesterday. No updates to that product was done in the last few weeks. It is the most current updated software for the product.

Is there anyone that knows why and how these settings can begin doing this? And how to fix it?

2. dai

dai

check to see if you have an infection

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

Are you sure that you are clicking "Apply" after changing them? Most of the time, clicking OK is the same thing, but not in services where the change could potentially be very important. You will need both, "Apply" first.

4. av8ur1701

av8ur1701 Thread Starter

I
    I did a virus scan twice with two different AV programs. Clean. And yes, always hit Apply.

5. dai

dai

are you logged on as admin or right clicking and running as admin when making the changes

6. av8ur1701

av8ur1701 Thread Starter

Admin all the way

7. dai

dai

8. av8ur1701

av8ur1701 Thread Starter

I took a log at your link but I feel a little hinky about using it. Not sure what it may or may not do to the services that are non-Microsoft related. Ideas?

9. dai

dai

as i said i found it on a search i have never used it

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083861

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice