1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"Some settings are managed by your system administrator"

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by RockeyNumber1, Dec 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RockeyNumber1

RockeyNumber1 Thread Starter

I am using my laptop of which I am the only user and I am the administrator. I am trying to change some internet settings but it won't let me. it says "Some settings are managed by your system administrator." how can I fix this?

2. valis

valis Moderator

how long has it been doing this? What internet settings are you trying to change?

3. RockeyNumber1

I mean I don't change my internet settings very often so I am not sure how long it has been doing this. It is just that lately my iTunes hasnt been able to connect to the internet and I am following Apple's instructions on how to fix it. I am going to Control Panel, Internet Options, then clicking the Connections Tab. Everything below the button to setup an internet connection is greyed out. Apple is telling me to click on LAN Settings.

4. valis

valis Moderator

is this a work pc, or a home pc?

5. RockeyNumber1

well its a home laptop. a dell latitude E4300. It is running Windows XP Professional though

6. valis

valis Moderator

if you are logged into the admin account, you should have full access to the lan settings. Can you access the connections from IE > tools > internet options > connections tab?

7. RockeyNumber1

No I can't access it from internet explorer either. Yeah, I'm really confused because I am the only account on this computer and it says I am the administrator

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/968522