Solved Some software doesn't connect

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Khrool

I have a Lenovo IdeaPad S340 and while trying to install some software that I had installed on previous computer, I am getting an unable to connect message/ Some software has been installed with no problem. I guess I have a settings isuue but I have no idea what it is or how to fix it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19042, Installed 20210502020015.000000-240
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx, AMD64 Family 23 Model 24 Stepping 1, CPU Count: 8
Total Physical RAM: 12 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) RX Vega 10 Graphics
Hard Drives: C: 475 GB (235 GB Free);
Motherboard: LENOVO LNVNB161216, ver SDK0R32776 WIN, s/n MP1VNY01
System: LENOVO, ver LENOVO - 1, s/n MP1VNY01
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Khrool

Sorry. my fault. I have PokerStars.net installed but it wont connect. I have BleachBit, Malwarebytes, Adobe Acrobar Reader, and Glary Utilities 5 running fine. Firefox and Chrome and their add-ons are also fine. Avast, aTube Catcher, and AVG PCTuneUp, I can't install.

Khrool

Here it is again

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19042, Installed 20210502020015.000000-240
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx, AMD64 Family 23 Model 24 Stepping 1, CPU Count: 8
Total Physical RAM: 12 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) RX Vega 10 Graphics
Hard Drives: C: 475 GB (242 GB Free);
Motherboard: LENOVO LNVNB161216, ver SDK0R32776 WIN, s/n MP1VNY01
System: LENOVO, ver LENOVO - 1, s/n MP1VNY01
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
My apologies for the request again. I see you have Windows Defender enabled, and I was wondering if you have Controlled folder access set up on it. This will mean Defender will block installation of programs it's unsure about when it comes to changing protected folders, so have you had any dialogue boxes appearing when trying to install/run these products?

You can read more about it here.

Khrool

Thank you, that fixed the problem. Sorry to have been a bother, but it is what I do best. Thank you once again.

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
No, you're not a bother at all. We're here to help people like you, so that's perfectly fine (y)

Please mark this issue as Solved, and this will possibly help others with a similar situation you encountered.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online