1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Some sort of worm that causes all the folders turn to 'Read-Only"

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Apocalypse_44, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apocalypse_44

Apocalypse_44 Thread Starter

Hi everyone,im here because my pc got hit by something i dont no wether its a virus or a worm of some sort.but what i do noe is all my folders has been turned into Read-only and i cant turn it off no matter what i do(including the windows -r +s C:\ way),it aint a problem at first sight but when i tried transfering my work to my external it says ,"bla bla bla Write protected and such".its annoying cause now my external is piling up and running out of space since i cant even delete some files in it.and to top it all it has spread into my college pc through external hard drives. i have done a search on the net and what i found maybe or may not be the w32,some of its characteristics are tad same (meaning spreading through external and network).but thats all i found.. so yea could anyone help me out here

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!