1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Some sound works, some don't.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by christarp, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. christarp

christarp Thread Starter

I don't know why, but I don't have any viruses, but Itunes, and games don't output any sound!

AIM and xfire still beep when i talk to people though, so what's going on?

I have just reinstalled the drivers and no dice. The speakers are plugged in, and turned up, but still no sound.

2. midnight51

midnight51 Banned

Try closing any and all background applications before you attempt to play the game or use Itunes. Also check the individual program's sound settings in case you might have muted them by accident!

Good luck
    Josh

3. christarp

christarp Thread Starter

None have been muted, they are turned up.

I did close all other apps, and it didn't help.

It just started today, but I haven't installed anything.

4. midnight51

midnight51 Banned

What kind of sound card do you have. I've experienced this before on a very old Packard Bell computer from the stone age with a very cheap sound card. Thing with it was it choked when it had to process more then one application's sound at a time so while playing games the sound would never work properly.

Try opening your case and re-seating the sound card. Also, if you have a spare set of head phones or speakers try use them just for kicks.

Updating your Direct X could also be a quick fix - you can try that here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/643983

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice