Some sound works, some don't.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

christarp

I don't know why, but I don't have any viruses, but Itunes, and games don't output any sound!

AIM and xfire still beep when i talk to people though, so what's going on?

I have just reinstalled the drivers and no dice. The speakers are plugged in, and turned up, but still no sound.

midnight51

Banned
Try closing any and all background applications before you attempt to play the game or use Itunes. Also check the individual program's sound settings in case you might have muted them by accident!

Good luck
Josh

christarp

None have been muted, they are turned up.

I did close all other apps, and it didn't help.

It just started today, but I haven't installed anything.

midnight51

Banned
What kind of sound card do you have. I've experienced this before on a very old Packard Bell computer from the stone age with a very cheap sound card. Thing with it was it choked when it had to process more then one application's sound at a time so while playing games the sound would never work properly.

Try opening your case and re-seating the sound card. Also, if you have a spare set of head phones or speakers try use them just for kicks.

Updating your Direct X could also be a quick fix - you can try that here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online