1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Some special characters coming out wrong on my computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mr Davo, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mr Davo

Mr Davo Thread Starter

Hi Everyone,

I am using a Windows 7 x64 computer and several keys on my keyboard are misbehaving. When I press the tilde (~), at (@) or hash (#) keys I see different characters.

The characters that I am seeing are as follows -

[​IMG]

Initially I installed a Microsoft USB Keyboard, and when I did so some software - in the style of Windows 8 - was installed. As I suspected that the Windows 8 "style" software may be at fault I uninstalled it (however there was no improvement). I then tried a Logitech USB keyboard with the same outcome, and finally tried a Microsoft PS2 keyboard.

Having tried 3 different keyboards with the same effect I am convinced that the issue is with the computer itself.

If anybody has any suggestions on how to fix this they will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Davo

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  3. Mr Davo

Mr Davo Thread Starter

Hi Triple6,

Great advice, this was exactly the issue at hand - and all is working fine again.

Thank you very much

Kind Regards,

Davo

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    I seem to have forgot to paste the link, but I see you've found it anyway (y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1078404

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice