Some values on the registry are missing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Aliciajean2010

Ok so I thought I was doing my computer some good by cleaning the registry. I found out today that there are parts of my registry missing because when I go to the power options menu, some of the tabs aren't there and there are no standby and hibernation settings. My computer will not go into standby.

Under the advanced tab in power options when the option "When I close the lid of my computer" the only option in the drop down menu is "Do nothing".

My Computer is an IBM Thinkpad and my OS is Windows XP

Registry cleaners are frowned upon in the general PC community. Your best bet would be to reverse what action you took, with whatever program you used to clean it, or to use system restore to restore it to a point before the cleaning proccess.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online