1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Some) website full connection problem

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Enforcer565, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Enforcer565

Enforcer565 Thread Starter

I'm having problems fully connecting to some sites such as youtube and skysports.com, i'l use youtube as the example.

The main page of the site loads ok, but when I try to view a video, my browser only loads the top banner of the page, and nothing else appears on the screen, I just recently updated my security programs as they were 6 months out-of-date from my internet connection being cut off.

I've had this problem before, but I have forgotten how I fixed it, so any help reminding me would be welcome. I think when I updated my programs, it may have re-activated the setting that caused this problem the first time.

I use ZoneAlarm Pro as a firewall, SpySweeper spyware protection, BitDefender9 Anti-virus, and I use Firefox as a browser.

2. Enforcer565

Surely SOMEONE can help?!

3. BillC

BillC

It's your Zone Alarm Pro firewall causing the problem. The simple answer is to go to your Zone Alarm Pro Privacy > Main page and turn off all your Main Privacy blocking, then clean your browser cache, and now it should work.

You could alternatively 'customize' websites giving you problems. The Privacy advisor can help resolve the issue and allow you to customise that site for your use. You will need to go to the Privacy Panel and click on 'custom' in Cookie Control. Then go to the bottom and enable 'Show Privacy Advisor' click apply then ok.

Next go to the page in question and when the Privacy Advisor alert pops up, click on "Click here for details'' and it should take you to the Site List box where you will see the entry causing the problem. The name of the entry can be found in the "Entry Detail" box at the bottom of the page. Now click on 'options' and turn off the ones that interfer with the page. You may have to try several and then refresh the page until the issue is resolved.

4. Enforcer565

I've tried some of that, but still the problem remains... Aghhhhhhh!!!

5. BillC

BillC

If you turned off all of your Main Privacy blocking and Zone Alarm Pro you're saying you still can't see YouTube?

Try closing Zone Alarm Pro all together and then see if it works. If it does, there are other things we can try with Zone Alarm Pro.

6. Enforcer565

I closed it down, but it still didn't work, I think the new modem/router I installed might have its own firewalls installed on it.

7. BillC

BillC

One other comment. When you shutdown Zone Alarm Pro did you also clean your browser cache before you went back to YouTube?

While I guess it is possible, I don't think your router is the problem.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542617

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice