1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Some Website would not LOAD !!!

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by abezdjian, Dec 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. abezdjian

abezdjian Thread Starter

Hello,

I was on a website the other day when all of a sudden i got disconnected and "Unable to connect" error screen came on. At first, i thought the my macbook pro got disconnected from my wifi at home. This wasnt the case. All websites were working except for one.

Now its been 3 days, i still dont have access to the website, while all other websites i visit are in perfect working condition. I can access the website in question from my iphone on LTE network, so I know the website is not the problem. I tried accessing the site from another computer at home but still didnt work.

After reading up some blogs and internet forums.
    I have tried flushing DNS, erasing all cache.
    Using an Open DNS: 208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220
    Reinstalled firefox, Resinstalled safari.

I still have the same problem. One website i have no access too

PLEASE PLEASE ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

2. Headrush

Headrush

This really makes it look like your issue is on your router or modem.

Which do you have and if a router and you bypass it temporarily does the web site work?

3. abezdjian

abezdjian Thread Starter

Yes i use a router at home

Its a Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router.

You are on the money. The website works when I bypass the router.

So what does this mean now ???

4. Headrush

Headrush

5. abezdjian

abezdjian Thread Starter

My ISP is cable

The default MTU value was 1500, I tried to lower this by increments of 10 each time restarting firefox but still I have not been able to load the website.

Do you have an idea of a value that I have to try as MTU ???

Thanks for your help

6. Headrush

Headrush

If you're on cable I wouldn't think it's the MTU as the problem then.

I would save your settings on the router (usually there is an option to save setting or print out the screenshots of the settings), and then reset the router to it's default settings.

If the problem is resolved, than start re-setting the settings on the router. (Maybe a page at a time)
    This should narrow down the option that is causing the problem.

If the router still blocks that site after returning to the default values, the problem is a little harder and we might have to dig even digger by turning on full longing on the router.

7. abezdjian

abezdjian Thread Starter

So things might get a little harder i guess.

I tried to reset my router to its original default settings. I followed up with reconfiguring my router with a secured password.

And now I tried to re log in the website. And still I get the "UNABLE TO CONNECT" screen

So annoying !!!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082022

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice