1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Some websites won't load

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by justvlad, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. justvlad

justvlad Thread Starter

Hello. I'm having this problem: some websites won't load under certain conditions, no matter what browser I use (chrome, firefox and IE8). When I try to right click a link and press 'open in a new tab' it will most porbably not work. It gives me this error:

Serverul nu a fost găsit (The Server could not be found)

Firefox nu g&#259;se&#537;te serverul www.wowcooc.com. (FF can't find the server <server>)

* Verifica&#539;i adresa de erori de tastare cum ar fi ww.exemplu.ro în loc de www.exemplu.ro
    * Dac&#259; nu pute&#539;i înc&#259;rca nicio pagin&#259;, verifica&#539;i conexiunea la re&#539;ea a calculatorului dumneavoastr&#259;.
    * Dac&#259; sistemul dumneavoastr&#259; este protejat de un paravan (firewall) sau proxy, asigura&#539;i-v&#259; c&#259; Firefox are permisiunea de a accesa internetul.

Also most of the websites are loading really SLOW!

Yea anyways I don't know anything about javascripts or hosts files, just please tell me how a hosts file should look and what do you think the problem is. Thank you in advance.

2. Techsavvy101

Techsavvy101

3. justvlad

justvlad Thread Starter

nvm the website works. im not using windows xp, im using windows 7

4. Techsavvy101

Techsavvy101

"This method tells your computer which DNS to use for all your internet browsing. Most home users have this set to "automatic" and the DNS is provided by the user's ISP, but you can use any DNS you like (you can even make your own DNS if you're keen).

Before you start you will need to know the IP address of the DNS to use - if you don't know this you'll need to ask your system administrator or ISP.

To set your DNS, you need to find the Internet Protocol window.

For Users on a Dial-up Connection:
    Go to My Computer>Dialup Networking.
    Right-click your internet connection and select Properties.
    A window will open - click the Server Types tab. Click TCP/IP Settings.
    For All Other Users:
    Go to Control Panel>Network Connections and select your local network.
    Click Properties, then select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
    Click Properties.
    You will see a window like the one below - this is the Internet Protocol window. Select "Use the following DNS server addresses" and enter the desired DNS server(s) in the space(s) provided."

from: www.mediacollege.com/computer/network/dns.html (the link quoted above)

5. Techsavvy101

Techsavvy101

6. justvlad

justvlad Thread Starter

Did that now I will tell you the results after I come from school. :D

EDIT: NVM it seems to have worked. Thanks, I'll tell you if more problems occur.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/926282

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice