1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Someone Deleted my Quick Launch Button. How do i get it back?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by hi!, Apr 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hi!

hi! Thread Starter

grrrr...!! Someone at work deleted my Quick Launch Button which is located at the bottom of the taskbar (also called Show Desktop button).. My quick launch tab is checked so it's not that.. How do I get my Quick Launch Button back? I don't know how anyone can function without that Button.. I love that button!!

Thanks!!! note again.. I Right Mouse the taskbar.. go to Toolbars and yes that Quick Launch Tab is checked.. they actually removed it and deleted it..

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Right click on a blank spot on the toolbar, Toolbars, Quick Launch.

3. Techmonkeys

Techmonkeys

hi! errrr hi!

Anyways, if you cant get it back (and i dont know how) you can always use the Windows Key and D to drop to desktop.

See here for more

4. pwalte

pwalte

Go to your start bar and check if there is something that looks like this

Start II if there is scroll over it with your mouse and the cursor should change shape....then drag it over to one side or the other...the ql bar should appear.

5. Techmonkeys

Techmonkeys

I dont think he has lost his quick launch bar, I think it is just the "show desktop" button he has lost

6. treborbob

treborbob

If you've 'lost' your show desktop icon from the quicklaunch toolbar then try looking for it here. But enable hidden files and folders first.

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

Then you can drag and drop it onto the toolbar.

If you cannot find it under the Administrator's account try looking under any other accounts on the machine.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!