1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Someone is remotely accessing my computer via the internet.

Discussion in 'General Security' started by fanny123, Apr 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fanny123

fanny123 Thread Starter

How can I find out and stop them?
    I'm sure they're watching this too.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

What symptoms do you see that tells you that someone is remotely accessing your computer ?

3. fanny123

fanny123 Thread Starter

He's always commenting on my activity.He makes it more than obvious he's doing it.He thinks it's funny.
    I've already told him to stop,but he won't.

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

What kind of activity? With the plethora of social networking integrations out there, it's entirely possible that this person is able to piece together all kinds of personal information about you if you use Facebook and integrate it with several other activities online.

5. lunarlander

lunarlander

How does he 'comment' on your activity? Through instant messaging? Is he on the phone with you?

6. fanny123

fanny123 Thread Starter

He's my roommate.He told me he knows how to remotely access my computer.
    He comments on everything I'm doing.My computer is in my room.My door is always closed.He comes to my closed door and tells me what I'm doing on my computer.
    I just got finished ordering a pizza. He said "So what kind of pizza did you get?"

7. smittygeek4273

smittygeek4273 Banned

first unplug the internet. then go to control panel and system settings and disable remote connection. then go to your network adapter settings. in the zip file , there is image instructions for part 2 in the network settings

Attached Files:

• 1.zip
      File size:
      380.1 KB
      Views:
  8. smittygeek4273

smittygeek4273 Banned

9. Frank4d

Frank4d Trusted Advisor

What operating system is on your computer (e.g: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit)?

You know your roommate better than we do; but he is either a jerk, or worse is stalking you.

It may be time to tell him to leave. My son recently had three roommates, and one was a jerk. After a meeting with the other two roommates, all unanamously agreed the jerk had to go.

10. lunarlander

lunarlander

Also, who has the admin password to the router? Some routers can log who goes where. And your room mate doesn't necessarily have to access your computer to see where you're surfing to, if he has access to your router.

11. fanny123

fanny123 Thread Starter

@smittygeek I wasn't able to access the attached file.I did look over my 'Remote Access' preferences and the box was already unchecked.I also wasn't able to go to that webpage in your other post.I think I have a TDL3 infection and it's compromising the performance of my browser.

@frank4d I am using Windows XP 32 bit.

@lunarlander I'm not using a router.We're only connected to the same cable jack.We have Comcast internet.There are two separate modems for each of our internet connections.

12. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Since the person has physical access to your computer, there could certainly be some type of spyware installed. You might also check the back of your computer (if it's a desktop) for any hardware that doesn't look familiar. I'd even suggest opening it up and looking inside.

13. smittygeek4273

smittygeek4273 Banned

files part 1

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      43.6 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      57.7 KB
      Views:
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      78.5 KB
      Views:
    • 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      File size:
      83.6 KB
      Views:
    • 5.JPG
      5.JPG
      File size:
      99.9 KB
      Views:
  14. smittygeek4273

smittygeek4273 Banned

part 2

Attached Files:

• 6.JPG
      6.JPG
      File size:
      97.1 KB
      Views:
  15. fanny123

fanny123 Thread Starter

@smittygeek I wasn't able to check remote access the way you illustrated.Every time I try,it just freezes up and I have to close it.
    I right clicked on 'My Computer' and went to 'Properties'.In Properties,I clicked on the 'Remote' tab and saw that the boxes for Remote Assistance & Remote Desktop were already unchecked.
    Is this the same thing?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/993240