somethin' strange goin' on

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wen

ok fellas this is a toughy......well for me it is.

comp started fine this morning, scanned some photos, printed a few out, THEN,

couldn't get into a program, said it couldn't locate it, office 2000 photodraw, told me to insert the disc and reinstall.

restarted, comp came up with:
C:\PROGRA"1\NORTON"1\NAVAP.VXD

press any key to continue,
then:

C:pROGRA"1\SYMANTEC\SYMVENT.386.

press any key to continue, then windows loads as normal, then,

i can't get into anything, it comes up windows trying to locate shortcut.
to get onto the internet i have had to search , eventually found it in my scanner program?????
norton has disappeared from my taskbar.
have run housecall and that came back clean.
have pressed f8 on restart and restored to a couple of days ago but these messages still come up and i still can't get anything to work!!!!!!!!!!!!

am running win 98, amd k62 500.

any ideas please?

wen

I had that same problem a few years ago.

Try going in to the registry editor and searching for those files. If your computer finds them in the registry then delete them, but be careful if you havent used Registry Editor before. Deleting the wrong thing could really mess up your system

Have you trie running a thorough scandisk?

If you continue to have problems involving Norton, why not try removing and reinstalling it.

wen

chaps i got so chuffed off with it this afternoon, i did a complete system restore.
got the important things back on, just need to put the hard ware back tomorrow.
i know what a chicken ****!

thanks anyway

wen;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online