something is eating up my memory!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

stcyn

Hi,

I'm running Windows XP home. I think I have a virus or something crazy! My memory keeps shrinking and my computer tells me I need to delete some items on my C drive to make more room... but, I'm not downloading any new programs that could be eating my memory...

Today, I found 100 files like this: $NtUninstallKB887742$ in the Windows folder of my C drive. Inside each of these folders is a bunch of stuff that I have no idea what it is...but each folder has a "spuninst" folder in it and the size from 400 KB to 8 MB in it. Could this be the problem? Is this a virus?

Please help!

Those are from the windows updates and are normal

You can delete those that are older but I would leave those that are 2 months or less old

Do you mean your disk space

DownLoad EasyCleaner http://www.majorgeeks.com/download414.html

Use the clear files and Unnecessary files buttons – I do not recommend
using the Duplicates files button
as many dupes are there on purpose.

Not all files will delete – that is normal.

In the unnecessary button I check the top 4 entries
============

Reduce the size allocated to restore points

Eliminate prefetch

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online