1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Something is preventing anything from being done.

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by trebory6, Aug 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trebory6

trebory6 Thread Starter

My computer right now is being very annoying. I can not seem to fix the problem at all. It seems that about a week ago, something turned off my computer’s firewall without letting me know, so I surfed the web completely exposed and picked up a lot of spyware or malware or viruses. I downloaded Ad-Aware, Spybot S&D, and I had AVG before this started. Now I am going to list the errors that I get. There are so many that I will probably miss a few.

On Mozilla Firefox, Google redirects every link I click to a random sales/search site.
    On Mozilla Firefox, I can NOT even view any pages that deal with getting viruses off(ie: this forum, I am on a different computer) and when I use IE, I get this eMachines search thing saying that the site does not exist, when I know it does.
    I can not open notepad(this makes a hijackthis log file impossible to post. Atleast to my knowledge.) It always gives me a “would you like to send an error report?” message.
    And everything is slow, no matter what I do.
    Sometimes a little window pops up that gives me a countdown to shutdown. It starts at 60 seconds.
    Disk defragmenter is unable to work.

I am on a different computer right now. And I swear, my computer has been fine for a while before this all started. No viruses, daily spyware and virus scans, everything. I took care o my computer the best I could.

EDIT: OH, Also, I store a lot o my art work on my computer, so wiping the harddrive is out of the question. Is there any way that I can transfer my artwork to another computer? And I would like to move all my music too.

Thank you,
    Rob

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/745587

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice