1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

something is wrong with my computer, and i need help, please!

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by rizzle425, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rizzle425

rizzle425 Thread Starter

okay, heres whats going on with my computer. it mostly seems to run alright, however unusually slow at times and the tower is alot noisier that normal (the fans.) Internet explorer crashes just about every time i try to open a second window or a second tab, and it stops responding time to time for no aparent reason at all and it completely freezes up the whole pc along with it.

for the last two or three months there had been this process running called "stdrt.exe" and i did a quick google search and it said it was (or part of) windows media center so i just left it be, until about 5 days ago when i remembered that i had completely disabled windows media center and that nothing of the sort should even be running on my pc. so i went back to google to do a second investigation on this "stdrt.exe" and came across multiple web pages stating that it was a dangerous malware and should be removed immediately. i followed the steps to get rid of it and i believe that i succeeded being that it was running out of the windows temp folder and it would re create itself over and over within the temp folder unless you completely got rid of everything assosciated with it, since i followed the steps to manually remove it i havnt seen it re-create within the windows temp folder, leading me to believe that i was successful in the removal of it. i was hoping that it was the cause of all of the problems my pc has been having and i figured that ridding my pc of it would fix the problems its having, however my pc still has these problems.

i followed the steps to get all of the necessary logs for you guys to determine wether something is wrong, i successfully got the HiJackThis log, after the DDS scan completed it only gave me one log (when the instructions on the forum sticky said it would generate two logs.) When i attempted to run the GMER scan it would only get so far into the scan before it would crash and stop responding. i attempted the GMER scan multiple times with the same results and every time it stopped it would stop at the same spot which said \Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy4

so despite my efforts i could only manage to get these two logs, which i hope can indicate to you guys here at techguy.org what the problem may be with my system.

here are the log files:

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!