1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

something just not right!

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by zzbudzz, Jan 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zzbudzz

zzbudzz Thread Starter

i have a problem with something , the graphics on my desk top are not as sharp as they use to be.Also when i click on a desk top icon the colors kind of scramble or invert? i have ran norton virus check ,nothing.i ran most everything on norton utilities,nothing.most likely a simple problem i just don't know what it is .it seems to be getting worse? please help me somebody.:) please e-mail me at "[email protected]"

2. MeinDCIC

MeinDCIC

Goto Start - Setting - Control Panel - Display

Here you can make adjustments to the way you see things on your display.

Goto the Settings tab

On the colrs drop down select 32 bit (if this option is there) or 16 bit.

However, if these are already chosen - you might need to change some of the advanced setting by pressing the advanced button

You might want to check that you have the right adapter set up under the adapter tab and that the refresh rate is correct for your adapter. In addition you might want to check if there is a new driver for your adapter card.

Try that - that might help you!!

3. Shadow2531

Shadow2531

also goto to the display settings "Effects" tab, and uncheck "show icons using all possible colors" Then restart. Then check it again then restart.

By any chance do you have an Nvidia Video Card?

You can also delete the Shelliconcache file in the windows directory and restart.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65968

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice