something killing my ram

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

reenigrl18

hello is there any program that i could download or buy to see which program is eating at my ram? i am always getting booted

because when i press alt ctrl and delete and then click on the performance tab it says CPU usage %100

that would most likely be the cause of my crashing?
can anyone help plz

i have amd athlon 2600+ 256mb ram

In the task manager, which process is using 100% cpu usage?

you have very little ram and if you have more than 16 running processes at your startup, usally it will really slow you down.

reenigrl18

ok well in performance it doesnt say which is using %100 but i figured it is a few proram,

under processes rtvscan.exe is using 16,676
iexplore is using 52,064
msnmsgr is using 29,440

the rest are much lower

is that normal?

btw i have nothin in start up except 1 or 2

bassetman

Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten
reenigrl18 said:
ok well in performance it doesnt say which is using %100 but i figured it is a few proram,

under processes rtvscan.exe is using 16,676
iexplore is using 52,064
msnmsgr is using 29,440

the rest are much lower

is that normal?

btw i have nothin in start up except 1 or 2
See if the info here helps.

http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php

BTW! Welcome to TSG! :D

WhitPhil

Gone but never forgotten
Trusted Advisor
The fact that you CPU is at 100% has nothing to do with ram.

When you have the Processes tab open, double click on the word CPU, the header at the top of the column, beside Image Name, User Name and Mem Usage.

Double clicking will sort that column in descending sequence leaving the high consumers at the top.

List back what those top few names are.

BTW you aren't running any software that is looking for alien contact, cancer cures, etc. If so, they are the ones consuming the CPU and is perfectly normal.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online