Something was deleted???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

UH61

Friend deleted some files. Temp files. Now, I can't get into live scoring for fantasy football. Also unable to watch videos from yahoo videos. Any ideas????
Thanks

UH61

No, that didn't work. I can't even get into my yahoo email. Could it be something with my internet security?

Well Internet Options
Tools - Internet Options (Press "Tab" on your keyboard to show this menu)
set all defaults
Also Privacy - Advanced - Tick the square OK OK

UH61

Neither one of those things worked. I can try to login to my yahoo, but then it just sits there and doesn't connect.

Sorry also tools - Internet - Options - Advanced - Restore defaults
Restart IE

Also add yahoo to trusted zone

Did you try System Restore ?

I'd go as far as to reload IE (ie uninstall - reinstall)

Do other computers connect to the site ok after having cookies cleared as it could be yahoo servers that are down.

I never use yahoo, (so I don't have any cookies)

Their main page works, please give a page link you are having problems with (or directions to the page)

UH61

OK. I can get into Yahoo. But, when I login to me email, it starts to connect and then gets stuck.
http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/dc/lau..._143665_AJezo0IAABWDRyUOWgl0+UKq8Ug&box=Inbox

At fanball.com, I go into my league, and then click on live scoring. Another screen pops up with current scores. Now when I click on it, nothing happens. I can log in, set up my line-up, and everything else. I tried to check scoring with another computer, and it worked. It's almost like it won't open up another window for it.

I cannot understand however how a temp file has caused this issue. Are you sure all web plugins, flash, shockwave, java...etc are ok? I did however get a certificate prompt so being sure *.yahoo.com is entered into the safe sites zone may help.

UH61

Yeah I am confused. I don't know what he could have done. It was working fine before he deleted whatever he deleted. I can login to both fanball and yahoo. When I try to get scoring, nothing. In Yahoo, I am logged in, but when I try to get mail, it attempts but doesn't get anywhere. They are both trusted sites. Logged out and back in again. Still not working. Unistalled IE and reinstalled. As far as I can tell, Java, Shockwave and everything else seems to be working.

By the way you don't have firewall enabled blocking you do you ?

If not try the next options

You will need to create a new user in either yahoo or fanball or both.

Make the user name blablablabla and then some strange number (or more letters)

Confirm you can send receive email Ok

Confirm you can read online scores at fanball

(maybe keep these extra usernames just in case.

Logout and log back in with your original name.

?

UH61

Set up a new yahoo account. I still wasn't able to get to the email that way. I can get into my hotmail account without any problems.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online