1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Something wrong with my sound on 64bit windows 8 toshiba laptop [realtek audio driver

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by tpoolshark, Jul 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tpoolshark

tpoolshark Thread Starter

I watched a youtube video a while ago on how to boost my laptop's volume. I followed the instructions on there, and it did work. It made my volume much louder, but I didn't like the loud white noise when no music/audio was playing and so I changed it back to what it was before.

Ever since then, each time I start my computer, I have no audio at all. When I go in to the device manager and quickly disable and then re-enable the "Realtek High Definition Audio" driver I do have audio. This is a real nuicanse and I don't want to do this every time I start up...

I downloaded and installed the newest realtek driver for my specific system from the realtek website, and I still have the same problem. No idea what to do.. Need help from someone who knows what they're doing.

Thanks

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

1. Welcome to Tech Support Guy
    2. Generally speaking - and for your future advice - YouTube is NOT the place to find - guidance on how to do anything with a computer - there are far better places and much of the content posted on YouTube can most certainly be described as either unreliable or inadvisable
    3. It would help a lot if you could post details of what the changes involved
    4. On the speaker icon on the notifications area - right click and click playback devices - what is set as the default device

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1130532

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice