something wrong wtih display

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Shortys748

i have been recently trying to play counter-strike source, this is what caused me to take a look at this when it would not load

it looks like something may be wrong with my video device

Shortys748

i really need help with this because i think this is why i cant play counterstrike

Shortys748

im sorry to bumb this but im having a very serious problem and my post was getting lost

It states right on the DXDiag that you are running the generic video driver, go to your Video card manufacturer's website and download the proper and current drivers for your video card.
That should solve it.

Shortys748

how do i find out the manufacture (sorry my computer was made for me so i dont know what it is)

You should be able to find it in device manager.
Right click on my computer then select.... Properties/Hardware/Device Manager.
When you get there look for Display adapters and you're video card should be there.

Do you even have a separate video card, or is it just "onboard video" (integrated into the motherboard?

Tha pic is suggesting the latter, and you have not loaded the motherboard chipset drivers for it (hence the yellow "?"). You need to identify the motherboard type (its not in that display though) to get the right drivers.

Where your video connection is on the back of the PC is the best clue. If its on a card it will be on a different plane than the printer port (LPT1) or serial port, it will be at right angles indicating its on a separate card.

If all the ports are grouped longways relative to the longest dimention on the back of the PC, its on-board (and may be seriously limiting for games play)

Any chance you could tell us more about the hardware?

Shortys748

i really have no clue a friend made the computer so i dont really know much about it

Shortys748

well i reinstalled one of the drivers (it was a modem) but when i try to reinstall the VGA one i get

so i think i need a CD to reinstall it

We are going to need more information about your hardware before we can help you so I suggest this.

Download everest free edition from here:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Install the program and when you run it and go to Computer/Summary.
From the info you get let us know what Motherboard you are using and also if it says anything about your display.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online