1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Somethings very wrong here...

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by AZZ, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AZZ

AZZ Thread Starter

Hey,
    Okay there is something seriously wrong with my laptop. A couple of days ago it started displaying error messages and windows defender started giving me trojan warnings. Like an idiot I had allowed my norton internet security subscription to expire. So then i downloaded spybot search and destroy and got a norton antivirus subscription for 12 months. I scanned my computer with both and removed all the evils within my laptop, or so it seemed. Now whats happening is that on startup i get a RunDLL error message. Random webpages open up while im browsing the internet. Spybot keeps alerting me of registry changes which i am forced to approve because they keep popping up a mile a minute if denied. Both windows defender and Norton antivirus keep alerting me to different trojans and 'threats'. However, when i scan my pc with these 2 softwares, they declare it COMPLETELY HEALTHY?! :confused:
    here are some of the things that windows defender spybot and norton alert me to but are unable to detect later on:
    W32.vundo
    W32.fotomoto
    W32.small
    a number of different "trojans" (thats all norton says)
    and according to norton my computer keeps doing something called WebDir activity by pinging something called everer.com .
    please help!
    theres something seriously wrong here.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/679613