1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

somethings wrong somewhere

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by foo-lishious, May 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. foo-lishious

foo-lishious Thread Starter

i recently built my own computer, and have installed diablo2.
    the introduction screen "blizzard" and "blizzardnorth" sound and look perfectly fine but as soon as the main choice screen comes up the sound becomes slightly choppy with a touch of static.
    if i continue on to the actual game it increases from slightly to constantly and the static is fairly constant, as well as gameplay progressing to becoming unplayable from unnatural lag. all of my peripherals seem to work fine unless in diablo mode. my cd player plays cd's with no chop my mp3 player gives great sound wether on classical or hip hop and at any volume level. I have adjusted visuals as well as audio in the actual game to no avail, I down loaded the latest mouse drivers for my intellipoint imouse. and also the latest drivers for my legacy sound card,am using a gforce2 graphics accelerator,pentium4 1.5 gig cpu,20 gig hard drive,256 mb of ddr ram 350 watt power supply and a 52x cd rom drive. Is there something i should check and adjust in the computer.... clock speed or anything in the usual settings that may clarify this problem??
    thanks for any time and effort you may use to assist me

------------------------foo--------------------------------------------------------

2. mischiefschild

mischiefschild

Have you checked your Direct X to see if you have the most up to date version?
    Also is there any other application running on your computer that may be trying to access your sound/video at the same time as the game?

I to at first had problems running D2, but I found that once I made sure I hade no un-needed programs running that most of the bugs worked out, as far as your lag problem I cant help, you much there, I use a HSP56 MicroModem and it runs everything fine.

hope some of this helps but if not maybe someone else can offer better info..:confused:

3. foo-lishious

foo-lishious Thread Starter

thanks for responding
    yeah i checked my directx
    and it is newer then what the game recommends
    and nothing else was ever running
    any time i played, its almost like the disc
    is slowing down in the cd player
    but if that were true wouldnt it happen to my other cd
    as well? I'm still baffled.
    it happens in both d2 lod and regular d2 on full installs
    should i try to run from disk only?

4. wedor

wedor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!