Sometimes I cannot ping default gateway

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

atomas

In our office we have old windows 7 laptop and old windows 7 desktop. Sometimes we can't connect to the internet. Windows 7 troubeshooting reports that it cant reach the gateway. Sometimes helps reseting network card, sometimes not.
I tried to ping it manually from cmd and it sometimes solve the problem.
In the same network have been still working two android devices and TV set and there are no troubles.
We are going to buy new computers with windows10 but we are not sure that it will help

The router is a default device from Orange, it looks like chinese noname

Thanks for any suggestions

TerryNet

Terry
Is the gateway that cannot be reached your router?

Troubleshooting should start with determining if this is happening with only ethernet, only wireless, or both.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
ping google.com -n 100 is the command to check for packet (ping) loss. How much do you lose if you did this command?

TerryNet

Terry
Then you are losing the connection to your local network.

Make sure you have the latest correct wireless driver installed.

Check for signal strength and for wireless interference.

atomas

I forgot to write that we have the wireless extender, May it cause the problem?

atomas

this is a range extender. How to avoid these problems buing new devices? Is it possible? Why the TV set and android phones works with no problems?

TerryNet

Terry
Why the TV set and android phones works with no problems?
I don't know, but maybe you'll find out as you troubleshoot. Try to determine if the Range Extender is, or is not, causing or partially causing the problem (as well as "Check for signal strength and for wireless interference").

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online