1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sometimes my laptop does something that makes games freeze

Discussion in 'Games' started by jumjumben, Dec 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jumjumben

jumjumben Thread Starter

I just got a new laptop with integrated graphics and a Nvidia 940mx and when I open and download games and stuff, they work fine, but occasionally, for no reason that I can discern, my laptop changes something and games like tf2 and emulators like dolphin and ppsspp freeze and stop working, other games in my library still work, but only a select handful of games and apps will stop working

I have gotten this temporarily fixed by resetting windows 10 but then like a week later it'll come back and I have to reset windows again

does anybody know whats going on and if there's any better way to fix this

edit: I also found that my Nvidia control panel is missing, is this related or a separate issue

Laptop specs
    i7-7500u (laptop dual core)
    620 intel integrated
    Nvidia 940mx
    Windows 10 home

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1201698

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice