1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sometimes no sound on a Technics Stereo Amp SU-G75

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by Wham, Feb 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Wham

Wham Thread Starter

My problem is sometimes I have no sound on this piece of equipment. If I bang it a little, the sound starts or if I turn it on manually by pressing button instead of using the remote I can get it to work. My CD will have sound but not my tuner. Not sure if this is a tuner or amp problem. My tuner sits on top of the receiver. Anyone have an idea? Have checked all connections.

2. Gr3iz

Gr3iz

First Name:
    Mark
    Typically a receiver has a tuner built in. Not sure what you mean by having the tuner sitting on top of the receiver.
    OK, I just searched for that piece of equipment. I see it is an integrated amplifier (pre-amp and power amp in one) and you would have an external tuner connected to it. You can try to connect the tuner to a different input (anything but phono) and see if it works. Alternatively, you can plug your CD player into the tuner input. (All of the inputs should accommodate any equipment except a turntable which requires a special input.)

3. Wham

Wham Thread Starter

Thank you for your input. Of course it hasn't happened again yet, but when it does, I will plug in to another port and see.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1205704

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice