Son added password protection to WinXP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bobber

My two kids share a computer with Windows XP. My 18 year old has set it so you need to put in a password to load his profile at startup. Now I can't view his files and folders. Before I have to beat it out of him is there a way I can go in to view his folders, etc.? I have administrator rights as I set up my own profile as well as my other son's on their computer. Thank you for any suggestions.

If you are admin and he won't let you in threaten to delete his profile. Is it a guest account? If so go into user accounts in Control Panel and change his password, that'll learn 'im.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online