1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sonicwall Router and a NAS

Discussion in 'Networking' started by NerdyChick22, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NerdyChick22

NerdyChick22 Thread Starter

Apr 21, 2011

I have a TZ 210 Wireless-N Sonicwall router. I tried to connect my buffalo NAS device to the sonic wall, and it keeps getting rejected and my computer cannot see the NAS on the network. I logged into the router to see what I could do, but I don't know what options to change so that the router accepts the NAS and doesn't block it.

I have another router that I tried the NAS on and it is easily visible on the network. I need this NAS on the sonicwall router.... what can I do to get it to where it is visible and ready to be used on the network?!

Any help would greatly be appreciated.
  2. DariusSupport

Apr 5, 2011
    first thing i would do is check your software firewalls, the NAS that is visable will probably have an exeption for it somewhere, see if you can find it and adapt it for the one that does not show.
  3. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Mar 23, 2005
    What do you mean by "rejected"? The router ejects the ethernet cable? :confused:
  4. Rockn

Jul 29, 2001
    Why would you attempt connecting your NAS to the firewall? Are these plain jane passthrough switch type ports or are they managed by the firewall config?
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/992673