Sons Computer will only boot into Gigabyte adavanced Mode

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
When a computer cannot access the Operating System (like Windows) in order to continue booting up the computer, it has no choice but to stop.

In other words, it sounds like the hard drive (or SSD) has possibly either become disconnected somehow or it has died :( (All hard drives [and SSDs] die).

Jbrown41

Ok would it still be able to see both drives because from the looks of it I can see them both. Thanks for replying.

Are they recognized/listed in the BIOS? If so, that's a good sign. The fact that the boot drive won't though is not good. Could be due to malware infection, corruption etc.

Cool, that's good news. Now try performing a start up repair from Windows Recovery Environment.

Use a working computer to download and create a bootable DVD or USB. Here's the How to for that step: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Insert this DVD or USB flash drive and restart your computer from it. If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so. If you don’t see the message, you might need to change the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the DVD or USB.

When you see the Install Windows page, tap or click Repair your computer to start the Windows Recovery Environment.

In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, tap or click Troubleshoot.

Tap or click, advanced options and then click on Startup repair.

After this completes the repair, remove the DVD/USB and see if you are able to boot your computer from the hard drive (or SSD).

Jbrown41

Hi Thank you very much for that info and I'll try it when I get home. My son will forever be grateful if it works Thanks!

You're more than welcome. Got my fingers crossed for you, and your son. Let us know how it goes? ...

With malware, near anything's possible.

If repair doesn't work, and you don't have a recent backup, the only option I can think of is to re-install Windows.

Jbrown41

I took a guess and that is what I did and it is working. Thank you for all your help I really appreciate it!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online