Sony a200 mechanical error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rosierem

My Sony Alpha 200 dslr started malfunctioning a while ago, and i can't remember it coming under any harm that would have caused it (though i won't pretend it's been on a velvet cushion all its life)

When i turn on the camera it kind of vibrates.
this happens both with lens on, and lens off. and changing the lens didn't change anything.
and when i take a photo it actually takes it lower than is expressed in the viewfinder:

the image taken starts at the top of those two horizontal lines near the top, and extends lower than you can see in the viewfinder the same amount.

apart from this, the photos are perfectly fine.

very occasionally, i will turn the camera on and it won't vibrate, and take the photo according to the viewfinder.
but then the next time it will be back to vibrating!

please help, i want to avoid having to spend lots of money or buy a new camera, and i've gone far too long having peoples heads cut off when other people use my camera!

Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online